Friday, July 12, 2013

25: What is the Way?

Things have gone a bit quiet at the publishers. I sent them back the marked up proofs and they uploaded the revised book over a week ago and so far I've heard nothing. I assume from past experience that this is good news and I'll suddenly get my sample copies in the post, on the other hand who knows. Oh well it's all part of the way.

The Way
Describing the way is not easy as it sounds. The way is not a thing and it has no form or qualities.  The way is simply the principle of how everything works.  It is unity, it is universal and it determines everything.

The poor project manager has no knowledge of the way.  The wise project manager knows that he is dependent on the earth.  The earth in turn is dependent on the universe.  And finally the universe is dependent on the way.  These are the four great powers of the universe.  

Something mysteriously formed.  
Born before heaven and earth.  
Standing solitary, alone and single.  
Constant and unchanging,  
Ever present and in motion,  
But it cannot be compromised.  
Perhaps it is the mother of the ten thousand things.  
I do not know its name,  
So I shall call it Tao.  

“The Way of the Project Manager” by John Carroll (ISBN 978-1481076111), is published by CreateSpace and available from Amazon in hard copy and on Amazon Kindle.

No comments: